Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Hawaii Name Change

UPDATED: October 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident law decisions. Finding trusted and reliable legal advice should be easy. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

A Hawaii name change is a fairly simple procedure that you can tackle on your own. In fact, the process is mostly a matter of filling out the proper name change form and filing it with the Lieutenant Governor in Honolulu. Here are answers to some commonly asked questions to help guide you through the process.

What forms are required for a Hawaii name change?

The following form is required to change your name in Hawaii:

  • Name Change of Individual (form A)

This form can be found on the Hawaii Lt. Governor's website.

Where do I file the forms for a name change in Hawaii?

The completed forms must be filed with Office of the Lieutenant Governor in Honolulu.

Do I need to notarize the forms?

Yes. Oftentimes, banks offer notary services for free to account holders. Check with your bank to see if they offer such a service before paying a notary public.

Is there a filing fee in Hawaii for a name change?

Yes. The fee is $50.

Do I need to schedule a court hearing?


Do I need to publish something in a local newspaper?

Yes. Notice of your name change must be published once in your local newspaper within 60 days of the Petition being signed by the governor.

Join millions of Americans in starting your divorce online. Save thousands by avoiding the cost of an attorney.