Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Arizona Name Change

UPDATED: July 9, 2018

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident law decisions. Finding trusted and reliable legal advice should be easy. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Changing your name in Arizona requires only a few simple steps, and can usually be done on your own. To start, complete the forms and file them with the proper court with the required fee. The information below will help you get started.

What forms are required for name change in Arizona?

The following forms are required to change your name in Arizona:

  • Application for Change of Name for An Adult
  • Order Changing Name for An Adult

These forms can be found on the Arizona Supreme Court website.

Where do I file the form for an Arizona name change?

The completed forms must be filed with the superior court clerk of the county where you currently live.

Do I need to notarize the forms?


Is there a filing fee in Arizona for a name change?

Yes. Check with your local superior court to see how much that court charges to change a name. A fee waiver may be obtained using the Fee Waiver form with a showing of sufficient hardship.

Do I need to schedule a court hearing?

Check with the superior court clerk when you file your Applicationto determine if the court requires a hearing to change your name.

Do I need to publish something in a local newspaper?

Check with the superior court clerk when you file your Application to determine if the court requires a notice of your proposed name change to be published in a local newspaper.

Join millions of Americans in starting your divorce online. Save thousands by avoiding the cost of an attorney.