New Mexico Divorce & Finances
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!
Fast, Free, and Confidential
New Mexico Property Division/Community Property/Debts:
New Mexico is a community property state, meaning that all property that was acquired during the time of the marriage is considered community property and is divided equally, 50/50, unless the parties are able to come to their own agreement separately. When the court must decide, it considers the nature of the community property, separate property, length of the marriage, and economic circumstances of the spouses, among other factors.
New Mexico Spousal Support:
Spousal support is a regular amount of money that a court orders a divorcee to pay to their ex-spouse after a divorce. Whenever the court issues a decree for the dissolution of marriage, the court may also at that time order either the husband or wife to pay support to the other spouse. Spousal support may only be ordered in New Mexico if the court finds that it is necessary, but a divorce in itself creates no automatic obligation for either spouse to support the other. Where the court does grant spousal support (usually called alimony in New Mexico, or maintenance), it does so on a case-by-case basis and in consideration of many factors, including:
- The financial resources of the party seeking support;
- The time and input of resources necessary for the party seeking support to find appropriate employment and sufficient education/training for that employment;
- The established subjective standard of living during the marriage;
- Marriage duration;
- Physical and emotional condition of the party seeking support; and
- The ability of the proposed supporting spouse to meet his/her own needs while meeting those of the other spouse, and more.
New Mexico Divorce/Child Support/Child Custody Lawyers:
Find an experienced New Mexico Divorce Attorney at AttorneyPages.com
Find an experienced New Mexico Child Support or Custody Lawyer at AttorneyPages.com
How a Family Lawyer Can Help
New Mexico Divorce Laws: Click below to find the New Mexico Divorce information you’re looking for:
New Mexico Divorce Law, Lawyers & Attorneys
New Mexico Divorce & Separation
New Mexico Child Custody & New Mexico Child Support
New Mexico Divorce Laws & Resources